More about the products
Red lentils (Football)
A food product from the legume family, called red lentils, has been known since ancient times . And by the way, lentils were not bypassed and tried to introduce them as much as possible into the diet to maintain the energy forces required when working in the field. Over time, they began to forget about the benefits of such a useful product. However, to date, people have started talking about its benefits and significance in a person’s life again.
Red lentils, from existing varieties of similar legumes, are distinguished by their chemical composition. And the main difference in this regard is the lower content of some vitamins and minerals.
So, in a cooked product (usually not consumed in raw form), only the following can be observed:
▪ protein fractions of vegetable origin;
▪ fats (approximately 0.4 g);
▪ carbohydrates (no more than 18 g);
▪ fiber (consists of digestible and insoluble dietary fiber);
▪ an essential amino acid tryptophan;
▪ some elements (i.e. a small part) of vitamins from group B, represented by thiamine, riboflavin, niacin (vitamin B3 or PP);
▪ Tocopherol (vitamin E);
▪ iron (up to 2.5 g);
▪ potassium (as much as 220 g);
▪ calcium (about 16 g);
According to chemists-biologists, it is characterized by:
▪ absence of signs of absorption of toxic substances into the plant;
▪ the ability to grow even in ecologically polluted areas, while remaining an ecological product;
▪ the presence of all particularly important components.
As a result, the inclusion of red lentils in the diet (only in reasonable quantities) will benefit and help replace meat products. And this will give you the opportunity to improve your health through delicious nutritious dishes, without being burdened with increased costs.
The culture contains a large amount of vegetable protein. This is especially important for vegetarians, they should be aware of the benefits of protein, and include dishes with red lentils in their diet to maintain health. The assimilation of this type of protein is faster when compared with an animal.
It is also worth noting that red lentils have a caloric content in dry form of 318-320 kilocalories, in boiled only 100 units. The glycemic index does not distinguish lentils at all from the indicators of representatives — green, brown and yellow, and is characterized by 29 units. The proportional ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates is 33/5/63%.
PRODUCTS FROM AGRICULTURAL PRODUCERS